Massage is the best way of enhancing your overall well-being. You may need massage for relaxation, or reducing muscle tension or for effective pain relief. Massage therapy could prove to be very effective in maintaining health and fitness. So incorporate an effective and suitable massage therapy in your health & fitness plan. There are different types of massage therapies. However, you could broadly divide them into three basic kinds.
Acupressure implies all massages from Asia and they concentrate on pressure points while Swedish massage emphasises on boosting blood circulation and soothing superficial muscles. Deep tissue massage is known to focus on connective tissue. Its primary objective is to bring about changes in posture and movement. A deep tissue massage Melbourne could prove to be very effective.
What is Swedish massage?
Swedish massage is known to have a precise set of movements including sliding movements, kneading movements, rubbing or friction, percussion, and vibration. It conventionally includes both active and passive joint movements, bending and stretching joints with the help of experienced massage therapist. Some notable offshoots of Swedish massage are manual lymphatic drainage, medical massage, sports massage, chair massage, Esalen massage, pregnancy massage, geriatric massage, massage for children & infants and spa treatments such as body wraps, hydrotherapy, and aromatherapy.
Swedish massage Facts
- Longer strokes combined with friction and kneading techniques.
- Could be ranging from light pressure to firm.
- Promotes relaxation and boosts circulation.
- Relieves stress.
- Helps in lengthening superficial muscle tissues and relaxing them.
Opt for Swedish massage if:
- You are under massive stress at office or home and need to relax. Swedish massage is meant for ultimate relaxation and comfort. It would be effective in relieving stressors impacting you.
- You are pretty sensitive to intense or deep pressure.
- You are generally looking for some relaxation.
- You are hoping to achieve results such as enhanced circulation, pain relief, better mood, improved sleep and sharper thoughts.
What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage concentrates especially on stretching fascia which is supposed to be a three-dimensional connective tissue web surrounding, supporting, and penetrating all the bones, muscles, organs, and nerves. Deep tissue massage works right down to the deepest layers for modifying posture and bringing about freedom of movement through the release of fascial adhesions, as well as, chronic muscle contracture. Scar tissue and adhesions form in muscles for many reasons including injury, acute or chronic inflammation, chronic poor posture and even repetitive motions. Deep tissue massage specialists would be using their thumbs, fingers, fists, elbows and forearms for stretching fascia layer and each muscle. Reliable deep tissue massage Melbourne is the most effective way of getting fast pain relief from chronic issues and speeding up recovery time from sports injuries or any other kinds of traumas and injuries.
Deep Tissue Massage Facts
- Detailed precise work with functional and structural outcomes
- Is effective through the connective tissues, as well as, to the muscle tissue’s deeper layers.
- Efficiently breaks up knots, adhesions, and scar tissue.
- Helps in alleviating chronic pain and speeds up recovery from all sorts of injuries including sports injuries.
Opt for Deep Tissue Massage Only If:
- You are experiencing lingering and acute pain in a specific muscle group.
- You are constantly engaged in an intense physical activity. Deep tissue massage Melbourne is best for relieving aches and tension in muscles which could be strained or overworked.
- You are still suffering from previous injuries. Deep tissue massage is just right for repairing the damage to the muscles and effectively working out any knots and kinks which have resulted due to the injury.
- You are focussing on a long-term health care program with precise functional outcomes.
- You are targeting certain tight muscles and expecting to eliminate tension in the deeper layers of the muscle.
Massage therapy could really be very helpful but you must understand how each type of massage therapy works and what could be the ultimate outcomes before you choose a massage therapy for yourself.