Massage therapies come in various shapes, sizes, patterns, and methodologies, each having a very specific set of benefits. One type could be wonderful for boosting circulation, while another works wonders for stress relief and yet another for muscle tone. In the end, it comes down to what your issue is and what therapy works best for you. There are two massage techniques being hailed as the most effective these days, Thai massage and Deep Tissue Massage.
Thai massage is an incredible, ancient art of therapy that goes back to Buddha’s time, and involves deep massage and stretching to align the energy of the individual into a particular outlet. It is popularly called Thai yoga massage because a number of the stretches resemble yoga stretches and make use of the legs, knees, feet and hands to boost muscle movement, mobilize the joints and improve circulation. Acupressure is yet another technique employed in a number of spas offering Thai massage Melbourne. This technique is energizing as well as extremely relaxing. It makes the most out of a number of techniques to attain flexibility, massage the internal organs, calm the mind and oxygenate the blood, offering many of yoga’s benefits alongside those of classical massage therapy.
The widespread benefits of Thai massage in Melbourne are as follows:
- Induces deep relaxation
- Relieves stress in muscles and joints and reduces anxiety
- Massively improves the body’s circulation, increasing energy and reducing stress
- Induces massive improvements in terms of the range of motion as well as flexibility
- The therapy is said to regulate energy flow through the various gates or chakras in the body, so as to centre the body and mind, ensuring that you are one with yourself and everything around you
Deep Tissue Massage
This is another massage type, specifically targeted at the muscle and fascia’s deeper connective tissues. Rather than merging a number of effective therapies into one treatment like Thai massage, deep tissue massage does one job, and does it very well, which is why it is referred to as a very specific, focused treatment. It employs several methods from Swedish massage but is in general more intense in terms of pressure. Rather than being a generally relaxing therapy, deep tissue massage works in a targeted manner against “adhesions” which are knots of muscle tension.
This therapy works wonders for treating and healing chronic muscle pain, tendonitis, and arthritis-induced pain and also for injury rehabilitation. The issues it is focused on treating are:
- Limited movement and lack of mobility in joints and muscles
- Chronic pain at the slightest movement
- Spasms or tension in the muscle
- Injury recovery from sports injuries, falls and so on
- Injuries stemming from repetitive strain like carpal tunnel syndrome
- Problems with posture
- Pain due to osteoarthritis
Each massage therapy has a very specific application and each has its own set of benefits. It is always a good idea to visit a reputed spa for an effective Thai massage in Melbourne or deep tissue massage clinic for a consultation on what method would suit your needs the best, so that you make an informed decision.