Traditional Thai Massage
Traditional Thai massage is a system of massage and assisted stretching developed in Thailand, and influenced by the traditional medicine systems of India, China, and Southeast Asia.
Traditional Thai massage is often performed on the floor and the client wears comfortable clothes that allow for movement and no oils are used.
Traditional Thai massage – or Nuat Thai - is unique among massage therapies because it combines both physical and body energy aspects. It is a deep, full-body massage, which progresses from the feet up while the sen or energy lines throughout the body are focused on, with the aim of clearing blockages in these lines, and thus stimulating the flow of blood and lymph throughout the body. When the massage is complete you will feel both relaxed and energized, in an almost dreamlike state, and typically without pain.
Traditionally for Thai massage you may be positioned in a variety of yoga-like positions during the course of the massage, but deep static and rhythmic pressures form the basis of the massage. Your body will be energized and rejuvenated after the massage.
The true art of healing in traditional Thai massage is the compassionate intent of the healer. The Buddhist spiritual practices associated with Thai massage cultivate humility, awareness, and concentration in the healer designed to bring the practitioner to a deeper level of awareness of him or herself and the client. This state of being is termed "metta", which usually translates as "loving kindness".
Benefits of Traditional Thai Massage
There are many benefits of traditional Thai massage including relief from multiple, diverse ailments from asthma and migraines to sprains, bruises, and anxiety. Thai massage improves circulation, strengthens the immune system, stimulates the internal organs, and relieves stress.
- Aids in the detoxification of the body and boosting of the immune system
- Increases blood circulation, help to lower blood pressure
- Increases muscle flexibility and mobility
- Improves breathing and respiration
- Improves posture, balance, and body alignment
- Dissolves energy blockages
- Reduces arthritis and back pain
- Assists to strengthen joints, including chronic joint problems
- Combats illness and alleviates degenerative diseases
- Assists concentration and creativity/ Mind and body concentration
- Clears and calms the mind
- Assists the gain of mental clarity
- Reduces and relieves stress and anxiety
- Help boost inner energy levels
- Develops discipline and self-control
- Increases overall health and vitality.